- A.(Hons), in Communication Studies (Trincomalee Campus, Eastern University, Sri Lanka)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Media Studies (Sri Palee Campus, University of Colombo)
- A.(Reading), in Mass Media Studies (Sri Palee Campus, University of Colombo)
- Lecturer (Temporary), Department of Languages and Communication Studies, Trincomalee Campus, Eastern University – 2017 June to July
- Junior Media Consultant, Web content Management and Media, Constitutional Assembly Secretariat, Sri Lanka Parliament – 2016 August to 2017 June
- Web Content Writer & Journalist, Government Information Department Official Website (news.lk) – 2014 April to 2016 August
Research paper publications and presentations
- Poongulaly,B.,(2014). ‘Comparative Analysis on portrayal of Sri Lankan Civil war and people through Newspaper political cartoons : Special reference with Thinakkural and Lankadeepa’, International conference on ‘Media in
Transformation: Exploring role of ICT, Innovative Communications and New Media’ Sri Lanka, (GCRA 2014)
- Poongulaly,B.,Pothanayaki,N., Anutharsi,L.,(2017). ‘The Influence of Social Media on the Self – Esteem of Youth: Special reference to Facebook’, 4th International Conference on Arts and Humanities, (ICOAH 2017)
- Resource Person, Workshop on ‘Communication and Media Studies’ for Island wide school Teachers, National Institute of Education, 06th of December, 2017.
Innovations and Creations in Media Field and University level
- Directed a short film “A Remaining Dream” and a Documentary “A world beyond the sea”.
- Designed Advertisements and Articles on various subjects.
- Written more than 20 articles when worked as the Web Content Writer & Journalist, Government Information Department Official website www.news.lk
- Mass Communication & Society
- Reporting Techniques & Skills
- Perception of Mass Media Audiences
- World Media Scenario& International Communication
- Organizational Communicative Systems
- Social Media
- Media Ethics
- Film Studies
- Gender Studies