Objectives of the Department of Media Studies
- To create conducive environment for the teaching and research activities in the field of Media Studies.
- To provide more opportunities for the young undergraduates to study this emerging and promising field and to find employment in the Media which is considered the ‘Fourth Estate’ of the government system.
- To incorporate other relevant fields fitting to this discipline such as international journalism and communication, gender and media, communication and conflict management, peace journalism and development communication.
- To produce media undergraduates with professional skills and high standards with ethical considerations to the working journalism sector at local and national levels.
- To expand post graduate degree programmes and research degrees in the field of Media Studies in future.