Dr. T. Sanathanan
Senior Lecturer Gr. I
M.F.A, Ph.D. (Javaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India)
Senior Lecturer Gr. I
Modernity class identity and visual art on colonial Colombo(1815-1955)
|Title of book||Publisher||Year|
|Reading the Sri Lankan society and culture (Vol II-Co-editor-Tamil)||Colombo Center||2008|
|Reading the Sri Lankan society and culture (Vol III-Editor-Tamil)||Colombo Center||2007|
|Incomplete Thombu||Raking Leaves||2011|
|யாழ்ப்பாணத்தில் நவீனவாதமும் காண்பியமும்||கொழும்பு குமரன் புத்தக இல்லம்||2018|
Sanathanan, T: “Visualizing the Sinhala Buddhist Nation: The Temple Murals of SarlisMaster, Marg, Volume 69 Number 2, December
- Artist Talk: CHEST OF MEMORIES, LINES OF RECOVERY, COLOURS OF HEALING ,The Hindu lit for life 2018, 16th January ,Chennai, India, 2018.
- “ History for Peace Conference” ,Seagull Foundation for Arts, Culcatta, India.,3rd to 5th August 2018.
- “ How to draw histories? Art as method”, An International conference on Teaching History, Seagull foundation for Arts, Calcutta, 14-17 Aug, 2018
- “ How to draw histories? Art as method”, An International conference on Teaching History, Vidyaship Academy, Bangalore by 5th -6th December, 2018
- Arts self sensor ship. Paper presentation at the work shop in war & peace visual narratives from contemporary. Sri Lanka, American institute for Lankan studies 5-6 July 2013.
- Guest lecturer at Royal Commonwealth Society about “Expression of Memory”, London.25th February 2013.
- “Stories of survival/ resistance: Art, memory and justice in postwar Sri Lanka” . Key note address “ Justice on Move” , The Gallantin School, New York, 23rd and 24th February 2018.
- ”Archiving and Art Making;
Text, Intertext and Translation ”Key note address, International seminar,” Artscape; Imaging, Imagination, Government of Arts Science College, Thiruvananthapuram, 13th -16th November 2018.
- Key note address, Annual Tamil Studies Symposium in York Centre for Asian Research in York University, Canada from 01st May 2016 to 15th May 2016.
- Member Standing Committee on Gender Equity/ Equality , UGC, Sri Lanka, 2017
- Member Sri Lanka Arts Council Government of Sri Lanka, 2017.
- Member .University Research Committee, 2017.
- Member of pioneer committee, Center for Gender Equity/ Equality, University of Jaffna, 2017.
- Member of IQAC, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Jaffna, 2017.
- Member of Board of Study on Language and Culture, Faculty of graduate Studies University of Jaffna, 2017.
- Member of the Advisory Board on School Curriculum on Art, 2016.
- Member of the Sri Lanka Art Council Govern of Sri Lanka, 2016.
- Member of the Standing Committee on Gender equality and equity, 2016.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the School level art Curriculum Design at NIE, 2014.
- Resource person: A work shop ,as a Educator ,Arts College Students , Chennai, 17th -23rd October 2018
- Resource person for “Research Methods –Cultural Studies”, for Post Graduate Students of the University of Jaffna, 2017.
- Resource person for Journey towards Gender Equality / Equity- An Inter University Gender Festival- Phase 02, from 17-20 November, at Mahailluppalllama. Organized by UGC.Sri Lanka,2017.
- Curated “ Being and Becoming”exhibition, Saskia Fernando Gallery, Colombo.4-11 May 2018.
- Exhibition, Lahore Art Biennial. Pakistan,18th to 31st March 2018.
- Exhibition “DAYS WITHOUT A NIGHT” MaxmullarBhawan, New Delhi, 4-16 December 2018.
- Exhibition, “One Hundred Thousand Small Tales” curated by Sharmini Pereira, Dhaka Art summit, Dhaka Bangladesh, 2-10 Feb 2018.
- “Documenta 14 and Skulpture Project” at Munster in Athens (Greece), Munster and Kassel, by Goethe Institute, 19th and 30th June 2017.
- “Curriculum Design and Revision” E.R.Kalyani Perera ,Emeritus Professor, Staff Development center, University of Jaffna, 2017.
- Framing the ways of seeing: workshop and Symposium in Art History, 16-18 July , organized by Post graduate institute of Archeology and American Institute of Sri Lanka Studies, 2017.
- Workshop to finalize safety app, Brochure, Media Campaign, on line mechanism, film and research agenda. 21, March, UGC , organized by Standing Committee on Gender Equity/Equality, 2017.
- Workshop: On SGBU and ragging by staff development centre University of Jaffna, 2016.
- Workshop: On Insecurities, Tracing, Displacement and shelter on September 2016-January 2017, Museam of Modern Art, New York, 2016.
- Workshop: On ICT based complaints and Redress Mechanism for Ragging and SGBV by UGC on 12th July 2016.
- Workshop: on research methodology by the Staff development centre, University of Jaffna, 2016.
- Participated in workshop on School Art Education at NIE 19-22 August 2014
- Participated as a resource person for Art Teachers (Gr.6 & 10) to prepare the Audio CD conducted by NIE on 24.10.2014.
- Participated as a Guest Speaker of the Workshop connected to “ Open Edit Mobile Library 2014” in Yangon , Myanmar, 2014.
- Participated in “Flying Circus Project 2013” Artists residency & work shop in Myanmar & Singapore. January-11 to 17th 2013.
- Participated in Work shop on & curricular revision for the subject of art in School Education at NIE (National Institute of Education) on 10-12 December 2013.